This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Unit test generator: How to create/modify custom extension?

Sep 10, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Hi all, you have done a great job on this extension! The docs say that an example implementation for custom unit code generator is contained. Where can I find it? On CodePlex there is no source code at all and I also cannot find the extension on my HDD.

I want to extend the NUnit generator, to support Rhino.Mocks and to pre-generate mocks for all classes that are required for the constructor. I hope that is possible, that would save us lots of time.
Sep 12, 2013 at 2:27 AM
@Lukas, the v1 release is a very early code base and we are currently in "listen for feedback" mode. We are worried that in the future we add features and change the API which may break extension writers, which is why we have not prioritised the extension support with v1. That said, the ALM Rangers love transparency and we have started investigations on ways of helping people if they require extensions. Watch this and the http://blogs.msdn.com/b/willy-peter_schaub for information.
Nov 13, 2013 at 3:04 PM
V1 got released and i read the following in the blog:
  • Presents a "reference implementation" of how to do this for a particular test framework.
  • Provides a basic infrastructure and an extension point.
Where can I find the reference implementation and the extension point?
Jun 2, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Hi there, you were asking for feedback on your v1.3 blog post. So I would like to point you again to my question: I would check out the possibilities of creating a "NUnit+Rhino.Mocks" extension that would ideally generate all required mocks in the SetUp() method and pass them to the constructor and store them as well in private fields for further use. For that I would need the sources of the NUnit plugin plus information on how to register my own version. I do not care if the extension breaks with a v2.

Having the Unit Test Generator is nice, but it would get awesome if it was possible to customize it for special needs, add custom templates, etc...
Jun 3, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Edited Jun 3, 2014 at 3:16 PM
@Lukas, we are investigating v2, opening up the extensibility and/or going open source with the extension.